Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
Asserting that India is a complete film making destination Union Tourism Minister K. Chiranjeevi has offered wide opportunities to foreign film producers in the country. Speaking at the Cannes International Film Festival at Cannes, France, yesterday, the Minister said " We try constantly for creating new opportunities for the international filmmakers, to access diverse Indian locations, and ...
Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh has taken a decision to award minor penalty of censure to four officers of DGCA namely James George, Assistant Director (Airworthiness), V.P. Massey, Director (Airworthiness), R.K. Yadav, Assistant Director (Airworthiness) and Rajiv Gaur, Assistant Director (AE) for non-intimation of employment of their dependents in the private airlines or any sector under ...
Economic activity associated with tourism grew 4 percent in 2012 compared with the year before, Mexico's INEGI statistics service said. Spending by foreign and domestic tourists increased by 4.7 percent last year. In the fourth quarter of 2012, tourism activity topped the same period in 2011 by 4 percent, INEGI said Monday. By segments, spending by domestic tourists rose 4.8 percent, while ...
THE secret Adelaide night life that rivals Sydney's; Chinatown's hidden treasures; chef Simon Bryant joining the new food-truck culture - these windows into Adelaide life are part of a South Australian Tourism Commission campaign using films made by independent film-makers. The SATC commissioned 10 filmmakers to shoot a short feature showing why they love the state - and the results went ...
Woe to poor Adam Sandler. Stuck in what appears to be a cinematic perpetual motion machine, he continues to show up year after year in dim-witted comedies organized around his increasingly unfunny presence. In his latest project, Mr. Deeds, Sandler once again offers ample proof of his limited range in portraying the titular hero by combining the boyish innocence of his character from Th ... ...
A summer tourism promotion conference organized by the deputy director of Hainan tourism association Zhang Tie Jun and two other officials was held on the afternoon of May 13th. The summer tourism promotion conference was mainly to introduce the rich tourism resources and products of Hainan province to 10 of China’s major cities including Jiangsu, Shandong, Chongqing, Shanxi, ...
FRANKFORT, Ky. - A former gubernatorial aide to three governors will take over as tourism secretary on June 1.Gov. Steve Beshear announced Monday that Bob Stewart is his pick to replace Marcheta Sparrow, who is retiring at the end of the month.Stewart served more than 10 years as Kentucky's commissioner of travel beginning in 1992. He also has served as executive assistant to Govs. Brereton ...
United Airlines put its 787 Dreamliner back in the air on Monday, with both the airline and Boeing hoping to put the plane's four-month grounding behind ...
American Queen to begin riverboat service in the Pacific Northwest The American Queen Steamboat Co., which revived riverboat cruising on the Mississippi last year, is moving west, announcing today a deal ...
HARTFORD, Conn. -; The chief executive of aerospace giant United Technologies Corp. is optimistic about an improving economy and airline ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Wyndham New Orleans at Canal Place
On arrival at this hotel the thing that struck us most was the location. It was just meters from the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Pakistan TelegraphPakistan Telegraph – Breaking Pakistan News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Pakistan Telegraph is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Pakistan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Pakistan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Pakistan news, the weather forecast for Pakistan you'll find it all in the Pakistan Telegraph.
From Lahore to Karachi, the Pakistan Telegraph should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Protesters from the Kashmir National Party (KNP) demonstrated in front of the Pakistan High Commission in London against the recent killing of their leader Arif Shahid in Pakistan.
"It was a targeted killing and the purpose was to get rid of Arif Shahid because of the struggle he was pursuing. He was a thorough nationalist and many people admire his struggle. He becomes a martyr in the freedom struggle since he was fighting against forceful occupation of our homeland," said Shabbir Chaudhary, a KNP leader at the protest.
"What Pakistan is trying to do is to eliminate all those people who they feel are exposing them. The reason why we are here is to protest against this. We are saying, Pakistanis are responsible, the Pakistan government is responsible for this, and their agencies are responsible for this. If they think they have not done it and we are wrong then prove us wrong by finding the culprits. In any case, it is their responsibility to ensure that they find the culprits, and they ensure that those people who are advancing their cause peacefully must be protected," said Shabbir Chaudhary.
62-year-old Arif Shahid, the chief of All Parties National Alliance (APNA), was killed by unknown persons who opened indiscriminate fire on him while he was returning home from
his office in Rawalpindi. ...
- Enhanced contract payments for Australian cricket eves
- Hyundai Motor commences Trophy Tour for ICC Champions Trophy 2013
- Anderson most skillful fast bowler in the world England bowling coach David Saker
- Ex-PCB chairman Tauqir demands imposition of ad-hoc on board
- Warner expected to plead guilty for Twitter rant during CA hearing
- Uganda to Continue Leaked Letter Investigation Says Official
- Promasidor honours journalists with awards
- Cubans Win Gold Silver and Bronze at Journalists Sports Games
- United States - Outrage over U.S. investigation of journalists private communications
- Azerbaijan - Azeri blogger and activist allegedly tortured
- Mediterranean diet may help boost ageing brain power
- Further Austerity Will Subject Seniors To Even Deeper Poverty Report
- Jeep inspection to determine if mechanical errors led to crash killing 20-year-old woman
- Pensions Are Top Income Source for Wealthier U.S. Retirees
- Elderly driver dies in horror head-on crash near Cairns
- Housing market picking up in UK
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- Government pours scorn on new round of US hacking accusations
- UK government plans to boost British fund industry
- UPDATE 1-Denso execs to plead guilty to price fixing in Toyota case
- Tech Mahindra Q4 net up 25 at Rs 377.24 crore
- Sensex at 1-week low down 112 pts
- Police quiz Pistorius blonde pal in Steenkamp murder case
- Hollywood Docket Digital Music Class Action Aereokiller Settlement Snoop Lion Lawsuit
- NFL Xbox enhancing interactive television viewing
- House Panel Shoves Pentagon-China Satellite Deal Out of the Airlock
- Digital Dignitaries Debate Displays Death
- PICC PC plans 5.76b yuan rights offer
- Citadel malware targeting Payza platform for emerging markets
- South Africa Turkey stocks outperform
- VTB Capital eyes more restructuring deals in emerging markets
- EMERGING MARKETS-Mexicos stocks near 8-month low Brazil index dips
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Pakistan Telegraph headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Kashmiris in London protest against the killing of their leader in Pakistan
- Ex-PCB chairman Tauqir demands imposition of ad-hoc on board
- Talks with Taliban only option for Pakistan Nawaz Sharif
- Nawaz Sharif promises positive change in Pakistan within 100 days