PYONGYANG - North Korea continued to fire short range projectiles into waters off its east coast for a third straight day on Monday, officials here said, despite warnings from the US and South Korea against increasing tensions. The North has conducted six such firings since Saturday, in what are believed to be tests of short-range guided missiles or rockets from multiple launchers, officials ...
NEW DELHI - India and China Monday played down a recent border stand-off and agreed to maintain peace along their disputed boundary as well as boost economic relations. Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang, who decided to make India the first stop of his maiden foreign jaunt as premier, stressed that the population of the two nations comprised one third of the world. Both countries have ...
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Former Pakistani military dictator Pervez Musharraf was Monday granted bail in a case related to the assassination of ex premier Benazir Bhutto. Musharraf has been under house arrest because he is accused of failing to provide adequate security for Bhutto who was murdered in a bomb and gun attack in December 2007 while campaigning for elections. The assassination ...
BAGHDAD, Iraq - More than 60 people, including Iranian Shia pilgrims, were killed in a series of car bombings and shootings across Iraq Monday, officials said. The worst hit in Monday's violence was Baghdad where eight car bombs and a roadside bomb ripped through bus stops, marketplaces and other crowded areas in Shia neighbourhoods. The attacks left 12 people dead and 109 wounded, a senior ...
BEIRUT, Lebanon - At least 23 elite fighters from Lebanon's Hezbollah militant group, fighting alongside the Syrian government troops, were killed near the Lebanese border Monday, an activist group said. The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which tracks Syria's war, said more than 100 Hezbollah members also have been wounded in the fighting around the opposition-held ...
Having already honed and perfected their unique brand of guerilla comedy in their long-running Kentucky Fried Theater and 1977's The Kentucky Fried Movie (which was directed by John Landis), it was finally time for the ZAZ team (brothers David and Jerry Zucker and their childhood friend Jim Abrahams) to make their own feature-length movie. The possibility of pulling it off seemed slim, ... ...
Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
World No.1 and defending champion Nicol David outclassed India's Joshana Chinappa in the first round of the Allam British Open Squash Championships here Tuesday. The Malaysian squash great took 30 minutes to get past her 26th ranked opponent 11-4, 11-5, 11-4 at the KC Stadium. Joshana had qualified for the main draw. Dipika Pallikal, India's highest ranked player at 15, plays her first round ...
Russia is struggling to beef up its hospitality infrastructure ahead of the 2018 World Cup, with seven of the 11 host cities lagging behind in the number of hotel rooms on offer. Only Moscow, Sochi, St. Petersburg and Kazan meet the FIFA requirement of 60,000 hotel rooms for host cities, World Cup deputy CEO Alexander Djordjadze said Tuesday at the Football Build Expo here. "It's no secret ...
England's bowling coach David Saker has described Jimmy Anderson as the most skillful bowler in the world, following the latter's astounding display during the Lord's Test against New Zealand. The ICC ratings place Steyn at number one, while Anderson languishes at sixth place, more than a hundred ranking points behind. But Saker admits that despite Steyn being an outstanding bowler, Jimmy has ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Wyndham New Orleans at Canal Place
On arrival at this hotel the thing that struck us most was the location. It was just meters from the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Pakistan TelegraphPakistan Telegraph – Breaking Pakistan News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Pakistan Telegraph is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Pakistan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Pakistan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Pakistan news, the weather forecast for Pakistan you'll find it all in the Pakistan Telegraph.
From Lahore to Karachi, the Pakistan Telegraph should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Protesters from the Kashmir National Party (KNP) demonstrated in front of the Pakistan High Commission in London against the recent killing of their leader Arif Shahid in Pakistan.
"It was a targeted killing and the purpose was to get rid of Arif Shahid because of the struggle he was pursuing. He was a thorough nationalist and many people admire his struggle. He becomes a martyr in the freedom struggle since he was fighting against forceful occupation of our homeland," said Shabbir Chaudhary, a KNP leader at the protest.
"What Pakistan is trying to do is to eliminate all those people who they feel are exposing them. The reason why we are here is to protest against this. We are saying, Pakistanis are responsible, the Pakistan government is responsible for this, and their agencies are responsible for this. If they think they have not done it and we are wrong then prove us wrong by finding the culprits. In any case, it is their responsibility to ensure that they find the culprits, and they ensure that those people who are advancing their cause peacefully must be protected," said Shabbir Chaudhary.
62-year-old Arif Shahid, the chief of All Parties National Alliance (APNA), was killed by unknown persons who opened indiscriminate fire on him while he was returning home from
his office in Rawalpindi. ...
- Enhanced contract payments for Australian cricket eves
- Hyundai Motor commences Trophy Tour for ICC Champions Trophy 2013
- Anderson most skillful fast bowler in the world England bowling coach David Saker
- Ex-PCB chairman Tauqir demands imposition of ad-hoc on board
- Warner expected to plead guilty for Twitter rant during CA hearing
- Uganda to Continue Leaked Letter Investigation Says Official
- Middle East North Africa - Restricting speech restricts Arab freedom
- India - Three newspaper employees stabbed to death in India
- Real-Time Analysis Of Microsofts Xbox One Press Conference
- Press freedom eroding DOJ slammed for search warrant against spying Fox reporter
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Tech Mahindra Q4 net up 25 at Rs 377.24 crore
- Sensex at 1-week low down 112 pts
- Toyota sustains hot streak sales up 33 from previous year
- Gold hits 21-month low slide likely to continue
- Ceat Ltd Q4 net dips 66 pc
- Police quiz Pistorius blonde pal in Steenkamp murder case
- Top 5 Digital Camera for 2013
- Ability to predict storms like Okla. twister Sandy in danger because of impending satellite failure
- McKelveys Mira Digital Publishing sells printing division to Graphic Connections
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event Internet World 2013 in London
- South Africa Turkey stocks outperform
- EMERGING MARKETS-Mexicos stocks near 8-month low Brazil index dips
- The Czech koruna under pressure of a weak economy
- Stocks to Watch Best Buy Home Depot are Tuesday’s stocks to watch
- Qatar to get $500m of shares in Russian bank VTB
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Pakistan Telegraph headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Kashmiris in London protest against the killing of their leader in Pakistan
- Ex-PCB chairman Tauqir demands imposition of ad-hoc on board
- Talks with Taliban only option for Pakistan Nawaz Sharif
- Nawaz Sharif promises positive change in Pakistan within 100 days