NEW YORK - Yahoo promised "not to screw it up" as it formally announced its acquisition of the popular Tumblr blogging platform for $1.1bn in cash, giving the company a much-needed base in social media to reach a younger generation of users. The relaxed wording of the memo for one of the internet giant's biggest acquisitions was echoed in the memo sent by David Karp, Tumblr's 26-year-old ...
Australian Test batsman David Warner is expected to plead guilty during Cricket Australia hearing over his recent Twitter rant with two prominent journalists. Senior Code of Behaviour Commissioner, Justice Gordon Lewis, will hear the case via teleconference. According to news.com.au, Warner faces sanction ranging from a fine, suspension, reprimand or counseling after being reported under CA's ...
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin took to Facebook over the weekend to express her skepticism of global warming. Palin argued that global warming was not happening, pointing that it was snowing in Alaska in May. According to the Huffington Post, she wrote in a post on her Facebook page 'global warming my gluteus maximus'. In her Facebook argument, Palin confuses weather with climate, a ...
The 2013 Yellow Social Media Report has analyzed that a growing number of Australians are using social network at an addictive rate wherever they can, even in toilet cubicles! According to the study, three out of every five internet users are accessing these sites more than five times a day, making it a total of seven hours a day. In a report by News.com, the study found that the time spent by ...
An FIR was Monday registered here against social networking site Facebook on a complaint that claimed a group on the site exhorts people to slaughter cows, police said. The site was booked under penal provisions and under the Information Technology (IT) Act, 2000, on the complaint filed by senior police officer Amitabh Thakur. In his complaint filed at Gomtinagar police station, Thakur alleged ...
Having already honed and perfected their unique brand of guerilla comedy in their long-running Kentucky Fried Theater and 1977's The Kentucky Fried Movie (which was directed by John Landis), it was finally time for the ZAZ team (brothers David and Jerry Zucker and their childhood friend Jim Abrahams) to make their own feature-length movie. The possibility of pulling it off seemed slim, ... ...
were hijacked by pro-Assad hacktivists from the Syrian Electronic Army briefly on Monday evening. The UK broadsheet's Facebook account was also purloined by group in the latest in a growing line of similar attacks against high-profile media outlets including ...
Eminem's song publisher is suing Facebook and an ad agency, saying they copied music from one of the rapper's songs.Eight Mile Style filed a federal lawsuit in Detroit on Monday, alleging that a Facebook ad that was broadcast online last month copied music from Eminem's 2000 ...
Smart Village, a MultiChoice-owned company specialising in large-scale deployments of fibre-to-the-home multi-service networks, will soon be promoting an open access network to ISPs in 56 residential estates throughout SA. "We have a strong national footprint in last-mile infrastructure, with over 11000 homes and businesses already connected and enjoying our fully integrated multimedia, ...
Israel's Facebook community numbers four million real users, who enter the social networking site at least once a month, and are not fake profiles. 60% of the Israeli users, 2.4 million people, enter Facebook daily, according to the company's official figures. 52% of Israeli Facebook users are men and 48% are women. People aged 18-24 are the biggest segment by age, accounting for 30% ...
and Tumblr, Seamless North America and GrubHub, and Vista Equity Partners announced acquisition of Websense. Stand alone deals are always interesting given the potential response - some companies do nothing, others quickly put other companies into play while others up the ante for an existing transaction. Historically, however, big acquisitions tend to realize the big synergies -- better known ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Wyndham New Orleans at Canal Place
On arrival at this hotel the thing that struck us most was the location. It was just meters from the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Pakistan TelegraphPakistan Telegraph – Breaking Pakistan News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Pakistan Telegraph is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Pakistan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Pakistan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Pakistan news, the weather forecast for Pakistan you'll find it all in the Pakistan Telegraph.
From Lahore to Karachi, the Pakistan Telegraph should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Protesters from the Kashmir National Party (KNP) demonstrated in front of the Pakistan High Commission in London against the recent killing of their leader Arif Shahid in Pakistan.
"It was a targeted killing and the purpose was to get rid of Arif Shahid because of the struggle he was pursuing. He was a thorough nationalist and many people admire his struggle. He becomes a martyr in the freedom struggle since he was fighting against forceful occupation of our homeland," said Shabbir Chaudhary, a KNP leader at the protest.
"What Pakistan is trying to do is to eliminate all those people who they feel are exposing them. The reason why we are here is to protest against this. We are saying, Pakistanis are responsible, the Pakistan government is responsible for this, and their agencies are responsible for this. If they think they have not done it and we are wrong then prove us wrong by finding the culprits. In any case, it is their responsibility to ensure that they find the culprits, and they ensure that those people who are advancing their cause peacefully must be protected," said Shabbir Chaudhary.
62-year-old Arif Shahid, the chief of All Parties National Alliance (APNA), was killed by unknown persons who opened indiscriminate fire on him while he was returning home from
his office in Rawalpindi. ...
- Enhanced contract payments for Australian cricket eves
- Hyundai Motor commences Trophy Tour for ICC Champions Trophy 2013
- Anderson most skillful fast bowler in the world England bowling coach David Saker
- Ex-PCB chairman Tauqir demands imposition of ad-hoc on board
- Warner expected to plead guilty for Twitter rant during CA hearing
- Uganda to Continue Leaked Letter Investigation Says Official
- 2 SCOTUS Judges in 1971 Espionage Act Doesnt Apply to the Press
- COLUMN - What was journalist James Rosen thinking
- Syrian Forces and Hezbollah Fighters Press Assault in Key Town
- Amys Baking Company Threatened With Lawsuit by Kitchen Nightmares Cancels Press Event Due to Death Threats
- Mediterranean diet may help boost ageing brain power
- 20 high school seniors barred from graduation over prank
- Boruch Spiegel one of last fighters of 1943 Warsaw ghetto uprising dies in Montreal aged 93
- Seniors losing savings to pension advance firms
- Aging Brains May Benefit More From Mediterranean Than Low Fat Diet
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Tech Mahindra Q4 net up 25 at Rs 377.24 crore
- Sensex at 1-week low down 112 pts
- Toyota sustains hot streak sales up 33 from previous year
- Gold hits 21-month low slide likely to continue
- Ceat Ltd Q4 net dips 66 pc
- Police quiz Pistorius blonde pal in Steenkamp murder case
- Taipei releases satellite record rejecting Manila’s claim
- Book News Stephen Kings New Bogeyman Digital Publishing
- Western Digital releases its first 1.5TB mobile drive
- Taipei puts Manila on the spot with boat satellite data
- The Czech koruna under pressure of a weak economy
- Stocks to Watch Best Buy Home Depot are Tuesday’s stocks to watch
- Qatar to get $500m of shares in Russian bank VTB
- While the Czech koruna hits 3-year low…
- Sensex rangebound twelve stocks in action
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Pakistan Telegraph headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Kashmiris in London protest against the killing of their leader in Pakistan
- Ex-PCB chairman Tauqir demands imposition of ad-hoc on board
- Talks with Taliban only option for Pakistan Nawaz Sharif
- Nawaz Sharif promises positive change in Pakistan within 100 days