NEW YORK - Yahoo promised "not to screw it up" as it formally announced its acquisition of the popular Tumblr blogging platform for $1.1bn in cash, giving the company a much-needed base in social media to reach a younger generation of users. The relaxed wording of the memo for one of the internet giant's biggest acquisitions was echoed in the memo sent by David Karp, Tumblr's 26-year-old ...
WASHINGTON/ DUBLIN - Actavis Inc, the largest US generic drug maker by market value, is acquiring Dublin-based Warner Chilcott in a deal worth $8.5billion (5.6billion pounds) including $3billion net debt, to create the third-biggest specialty pharmaceutical company in the country. Under the deal, Actavis, which itself has been the subject of bid speculation, would be offering $5billion in ...
GENEVA - Canadian aeroplane maker Bombardier has expanded its leading Challenger family of business jets with the launch of the new Challenger 350 aircraft in collaboration with global leader in private aviation, US firm NetJets. The launch on Monday was held at a special event here at the European Business Aviation Conference and Exhibition (EBACE). Bombardier said deliveries of the ...
JOHANNESBURG - The National Energy Regulator of South Africa (Nersa) has granted power producer Eskom a licence for its Sere wind farm in the Western Cape, paving the way for the company to start construction of its $254.3 million (R2.4-billion) project. Sere is the Nama word for "cool breeze". The wind farm project is scheduled to become fully commercially operational by the end of ...
MUMBAI - The UK based Standard Chartered (StanChart) Monday announced plans to acquire the Indian private wealth management business of US multinational financial services firm Morgan Stanley for an undisclosed amount as part of plans to expand operations. The acquisition is subject to regulatory approvals. "Standard Chartered India has agreed to acquire Morgan Stanley's onshore private ...
Having already honed and perfected their unique brand of guerilla comedy in their long-running Kentucky Fried Theater and 1977's The Kentucky Fried Movie (which was directed by John Landis), it was finally time for the ZAZ team (brothers David and Jerry Zucker and their childhood friend Jim Abrahams) to make their own feature-length movie. The possibility of pulling it off seemed slim, ... ...
Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
from their Mexican joint venture for about $700 million (462 million pounds).Grupo Carso will sell its 20 percent stake in Philip Morris Mexico in a deal that the U.S. company said would add marginally to its earnings per share in the fourth quarter.Philip Morris said the agreement was subject to final price adjustments based on the Mexican unit's performance over a period of time."We ...
In this June 18, 2012 photo, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer comments on Microsoft Xbox before unveiling its new Surface, a tablet computer to compete with Apple's ...
NEW YORK - Stock indexes are edging higher in midday trading on Wall Street as investors look ahead to the Federal Reserve's next moves. The Dow Jones industrial average was up 32 points at 15,367 at noon Eastern Daylight Time Tuesday, a gain of 0.2 percent. The Standard & Poor's 500 index was up a point at 1,667, or 0.08 percent. The Nasdaq composite was up two points at 3,498, ...
Medtronic beat fourth-quarter profit and revenue expectations on the strength of its international operations, driving the stock up more than 6 percent in mid-morning trading to just over $53 a share. Adjusted earnings were $1.10 per share, up 11 percent, compared to the $1.03 per share Wall Street analysts had expected. Revenue of $4.46 billion, up 4 percent, surpassed Wall Street's ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Wyndham New Orleans at Canal Place
On arrival at this hotel the thing that struck us most was the location. It was just meters from the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Pakistan TelegraphPakistan Telegraph – Breaking Pakistan News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Pakistan Telegraph is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Pakistan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Pakistan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Pakistan news, the weather forecast for Pakistan you'll find it all in the Pakistan Telegraph.
From Lahore to Karachi, the Pakistan Telegraph should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Protesters from the Kashmir National Party (KNP) demonstrated in front of the Pakistan High Commission in London against the recent killing of their leader Arif Shahid in Pakistan.
"It was a targeted killing and the purpose was to get rid of Arif Shahid because of the struggle he was pursuing. He was a thorough nationalist and many people admire his struggle. He becomes a martyr in the freedom struggle since he was fighting against forceful occupation of our homeland," said Shabbir Chaudhary, a KNP leader at the protest.
"What Pakistan is trying to do is to eliminate all those people who they feel are exposing them. The reason why we are here is to protest against this. We are saying, Pakistanis are responsible, the Pakistan government is responsible for this, and their agencies are responsible for this. If they think they have not done it and we are wrong then prove us wrong by finding the culprits. In any case, it is their responsibility to ensure that they find the culprits, and they ensure that those people who are advancing their cause peacefully must be protected," said Shabbir Chaudhary.
62-year-old Arif Shahid, the chief of All Parties National Alliance (APNA), was killed by unknown persons who opened indiscriminate fire on him while he was returning home from
his office in Rawalpindi. ...
- Enhanced contract payments for Australian cricket eves
- Hyundai Motor commences Trophy Tour for ICC Champions Trophy 2013
- Anderson most skillful fast bowler in the world England bowling coach David Saker
- Ex-PCB chairman Tauqir demands imposition of ad-hoc on board
- Warner expected to plead guilty for Twitter rant during CA hearing
- Uganda to Continue Leaked Letter Investigation Says Official
- Algeria Algerian Press Demand Truth On Bouteflikas Health
- 2 SCOTUS Judges in 1971 Espionage Act Doesnt Apply to the Press
- COLUMN - What was journalist James Rosen thinking
- Syrian Forces and Hezbollah Fighters Press Assault in Key Town
- Mediterranean diet may help boost ageing brain power
- 20 high school seniors barred from graduation over prank
- Boruch Spiegel one of last fighters of 1943 Warsaw ghetto uprising dies in Montreal aged 93
- Seniors losing savings to pension advance firms
- Aging Brains May Benefit More From Mediterranean Than Low Fat Diet
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Tech Mahindra Q4 net up 25 at Rs 377.24 crore
- Sensex at 1-week low down 112 pts
- Toyota sustains hot streak sales up 33 from previous year
- Gold hits 21-month low slide likely to continue
- Ceat Ltd Q4 net dips 66 pc
- Police quiz Pistorius blonde pal in Steenkamp murder case
- Taipei releases satellite record rejecting Manila’s claim
- Book News Stephen Kings New Bogeyman Digital Publishing
- Western Digital releases its first 1.5TB mobile drive
- Taipei puts Manila on the spot with boat satellite data
- The Czech koruna under pressure of a weak economy
- Stocks to Watch Best Buy Home Depot are Tuesday’s stocks to watch
- Qatar to get $500m of shares in Russian bank VTB
- While the Czech koruna hits 3-year low…
- Sensex rangebound twelve stocks in action
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Pakistan Telegraph headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Kashmiris in London protest against the killing of their leader in Pakistan
- Ex-PCB chairman Tauqir demands imposition of ad-hoc on board
- Talks with Taliban only option for Pakistan Nawaz Sharif
- Nawaz Sharif promises positive change in Pakistan within 100 days